9.06.2010

morgan 9.6.10

Hello everybody,
Well, yes. The Baptism of J-Lo did go through. It was really good. Although Friday night we had a little scare, we called the brach pres. to ask if he can be a witness. He told us actually he cant go because he got invited to a dinner. Yeah. So we got scared because there has to be someone from the brach presidency there. But the counselor saved us. Yes, the pres. here is a little special. The day of the confirmation he was welcoming Jonathan and he didnt know his name. haha it was bad. Oh well. But the baptism was really good. He is incredible. He is saying he is going to serve a mission now.
So this week we decided we are going to reactivate all the young less actives. so we made some activities such as Saturday sport, sunday night film and we are trying to find more. We had 10 people at the sport and 8 at the movie. it was so cool. There are so many less actives just simply because no one cares. it is so sad. but yeah guess who got the game winning 3 point shot?? yeah, MJ is back baby.
So still no camera. But thats alright. Yes, the baptism stll is on for the 25th. For now. She still hasnt came to church so we might have to move it back. Me and elder baret are still getting along great. We both love sports and just feed eachother compliments all day. it is so funny. I am teaching him english. He can speak it really well now. Our apt. is pretty nasty I am going to clean it this week.
I heard the best talk ever today! it is by Elder Holland. it is called "Safety for the Soul." WOW!! I recommend you all to go on youtube and listen to it. He is so intense! I love him. It is increadible how many people have sacrificed their lives for the book of mormon. How many people have attacked it and tried to disprove it. and it is still here. This cant just be any old book. I know that the book of mormon is the most correct book on earth. It is the most pure testimony of jesus christ. If this book wasnt true why would it recieve so much oposition. and on the other side the thousands of life who have changed their lives for the better. Joseph Smith died for this book. If this book wasnt real and if this church wasnt true wouldnt you think that when he was persecuted and brought to death he would deny it? I know that The Book of Mormon is true. and if you dont know that it is true. Read it. Pray about it. It will change your life.
I Love you all! thanks for all you do.

Elder Wimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment

words of support