Hello Everybody,
Sit down and grab the popcorn because the story of last week is about to begin. Okay so it all started off with the stupid strike. If anybody knows France they know that there is a strike about every week. So this strike was for retirement. Because this strike invoved everybody there were no trains to get to Bordeaux. We had to take a bus at 11 when our conf. started at 10:30. So we finally got to Bordeaux and we were all a little bit lost. I have only been there once and the person who was been to the chapel 4 times (Darryl) told me he doesnt remember how to get there. So we finally got the bus around 2 to head to the chapel. On this bus I wasnt too sure where to get off so I was standing up looking at the map. When I finally knew where I was going I looked towards the back of the bus for people to contact. It was me and 3 other missionaries on the bus. Then that is when this guys right next to me starts asking me in some weird accent but still speaking French "hey what are you looking at" I told him "not you, I was looking in the back of the bus". He then got up and started getting in my face and telling me he is going to kill me. He had been drinking. This dude wasnt big at all I probably could have dropped him with one round house kick to the face!! But he then started talking to one of the newer missionaries who hadnt been there for very long who didnt understand a word of what was going on. We told him we couldnt understand him because his accent was too weird. It sounded like he was from Portugal or something he just definately wasnt French. But then he kept getting up out of his seat and getting all up in my face. I think he might have thought I was looking at his girl or something because he was sitting right next to his girl. But when he would do that I would kinda just ignore it. And I guess while I was ignoring it we was showing us his knives. I guess he had 2. He kept telling me, "hey get out of the bus right here." And I told him I am not stupid and am not going to do that. Then came our stop. I pushed our button and clearly he saw me push it. He had kinda calmed down by then. He got out of the bus first and I followed. As I was about to get out he turned around and hit me in the head. I was shocked for a little bit but I was wondering why he hit me so weird (I later found out it was because he had a knife in his hand). Everyone looked at me shocked. I had no idea what they were looking at. Then I felt the blood start going down my face. I looked down at the ground and there was quite a bit of blood already. I had quite a big cut right above my right eye brow. While all this was happenening the guy and his girl ran off. Everybody on the bus though was very nice. Some dude gave me some tissues to stop the blood. The driver called the cops and the ambulance. Some girl who say and heard the whole thing stayed there as "a witness" (we all know its because she was already in love) haha. The cops showed up with the ambulance they all asked me a bunch of questions. The assistants of president came running. I went to the hospital with one of the assistants. he is so cool. everyone else went back to the conf. In the ambulance we talked to the guy in there about the gospel. He was kinda interested but never got his number. dang! I got to the E.R. they wrapped something around my head, I waited in the waiting room for a while then i went back to the E.R. and they gave me 4 stitches right above my brow. They gave me some stuff to spray on it and told me to get them taken out in a week. Then me and Elder Miller contacted back to the church. I got my pack of B.O.M's and was on my way back home.
On the way back home I was thinking to myself, "sweet I came to Bordeaux to get stabbed in the face with a knife and now i am going home. cool" But then I thought a little harder. This whole exerience wasnt for nothing. This exerience has showed me that God is there. Yeah, bad stuff happens, but is that Gods fault? Does that change the fact that God is there and that this church is true? NO!!! It doesnt change that! It shows us how much God loves us and how much he wants to help us when we turn to him in situations like that. That knife got less than one inch away from my eye. I know that God was there watching over me and protecting me. Thank you all so much for all your concern. But now know, I am fine. It just happened because I needed that experience to strengthen my testimony. God is there and he loves each one of us and is wanting to help us. Its just up to us to turn to him. Mom, I am fine. Just a little sexier with my scar. I do have a pretty bad black eye right now but all is well here. I love you all!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASH!!!!
Elder Wimmer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
words of support