7.11.2010

morgan 6.21.10

Bonjour à tous,

Wow, so this week was pretty sweet. It was the baptism of Bruno Bellanti yesterday. It was the most bizzare baptism that I have ever seen. Okay, so here is the story; Bruno was introduced to the church by his friend Serge 8 months ago. Bruno has always had the desire to be baptised but just couldn't seem to give up smoking. He has had more than one baptism date cancelled because of that. So when I got here he was kind of just known as Serge's friend who we teach once in a while. We had a couple rendez-vous with him and he honestly didn't seem too golden. One day we decided to listen to the teachings of our Mission Pres. and give each person we teach an engagemet to baptism. So, we read Mosiah 18:8-10 with him and asked him if he wanted to be baptised the 19 june. He said yes. We then came up with a plan of how we are going to get him to stop smoking. All we did is gave him a calander of sc's to read, daily contact and a lot of prayers. The night pefore his interview with the President he smoked his last cigarette. He has stopped completely thus far. Very cool! He decided that he wanted Serge to baptize him. It was cool to have his best friend baptize him. The reason why I said it was the most bizzare baptism i have ever seen is because Serge has never baptized anybody before. He is not the smartest person in the world either. So him trying to baptize Bruno was like trying to give a dog a bath. Really. It took 3 times to finally get him under. The first 2 times he didn't even get close. haha. But he finally got under and it was a really good experience for them both. I just had to do some explanations to our investigators who were there that it is usually only 1 baptism. And it is usually alot more natural.

Running the other day was so cool! There was one of the most beautiful sunrises I have ever seen! I was so mad that I didn't have a camera. Speaking of camera, some kid that was in my photo class is in my district. So weird! He just got here. His name is Elder Nicholes. He is a funny kid.

Our ami Vanessa is really into making little things like on Ash's blog. She is going to make me a scripture case. I am so excited!

Thankyou so much for all the emails! I love you all so much! Happy Fathers day to all the Grandpa's but most of all for my Dad. I love you!

Elder Wimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment

words of support